Monday, November 21, 2011

Square Roots

0x0=0 √0=0
1x1=1 √1=1
2x2=4 √4=2
3x3=9 √9=3
4x4=16 √16=4
5x5=25 √25=5
6x6=36 √36=6
7x7=49 √49=7
8x8=64 √64=8
9x9=81 √81=9
10x10=100 √100=10
11x11=121 √121=11
12x12=144 √144=12
13x13=169 √169=13
14x14=196 √196=14
15x15=225 √225=15
16x16=256 √256=16
17x17=289 √289=17
18x18=324 √324=18
19x19=361 √361=19
20x20=400 √400=20
21x21=441 √441=21
22x22=484 √484=22
23x23=529 √529=23
24x24=576 √576=24
25x25=625 √625=25

I found a pattern that works!

I start with 2x2=4.

I take 4 and add it to the next number sentence 3x3=9. I add do the 3. I add 4+3=7. I add 2 to the 7, and it equals 3x3=9.

Now for 4x4=16, I take the 9, add it with the 4.
9+4=13 and add 3. It equals 16.


For 5x5=25, I add 16+5=21. Then I add 4. 21+4=25!

What would 6x6=36 be like?

3 comments:

Elephant said...

Interesting pattern. Does it only work if you skip a line?

Elephant said...

Ugh. I mis-typed. I meant to say

Does it also work if you skip a line?

The Kidlet said...

what do you mean, if you skip a line? do you mean if I skipped 3*3=9 would it work the same with 4*4=16? No.

Post a Comment