Snow! Snow! Snow! Snow!
Everywhere! Everywhere! Will it go?
When my mom says"Shovel today!"
I had the plan to run away.
I packed a cookie, and a plum,
A pork leg and roast beef crumb,
A steak, two steaks, chicken three,
A pillow, a book, and me.
I taped it up,
Carried me to the door,
The mailman came,
And he mailed me to,
A place in Africa called Timbukto.
I never heard from my mother again.
Oh, quit the rain.
All this povel,
If it snows again, I'll shovel.
10 comments:
What the heck is a povel? That is a rhyming cheat, Kidlet. I can think of two words that would work.
Try:
hovel-
1. A small, squalid, unpleasant, or simply constructed dwelling.
2. An open shed or outbuilding, used for sheltering cattle or storing grain or tools
Or
lovell (as in Sir Alfred Charles Bernard Lovell):
1. [n] English astronomer who pioneered radio astronomy (born in 1913) .
Maybe it's British slang?
Geeze, that Robbi doesn't let you get away with anything. I like it. I have another friend who writes poetry and he makes up words, I'll see if I can get a copy of a poem or two of his so you can see.
To Robin...WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????
Crystal,what's British Slang?
Kidlet, do you know what slang is? It's when people use language very casually. Sometimes the word will be made up, or it will be a real word, but used in an unusual way.
So, for example, the word "cool" is slang. When you say, "Crystal is so cool," you don't mean that I'm cool in the temperature sense- I'm not actually physically cold. You're using the word to mean that I'm very interesting or that you like me very much. Make sense?
Slang is also kind of like an accent- different areas will use different slang. Most of America will use the same slang words because we watch many of the same TV programs. The same is true in other countries- they have their own slang, but since we don't usually watch shows from England/Britain, we aren't familiar with British slang.
When I suggested the word "povel" was British slang, I was making a joke. I was agreeing that it was a word that I don't recognize, but that maybe it was a word the cool kids in England use. (I chose England because I thought "povel" just sounded British. I'm not sure why.)
Yeah. Crystal is cool, as in the winter.
The winter IS very cool. It's beautiful, and Christmas happens then, and it's fun to play outside in the winter. Yup, I'm awesome like the winter. :)
Soo, you like to shovel?
Um. No.
Post a Comment