Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Search for Charm of Bastet


On December 3rd, I went to Soren's tenth birthday party, at her house. The theme was Egypt, and we had to find Bastet's, the cat goddess, charm.

We had a scavenger hunt following clues collecting chocolates, eyes, quarters to put though the eyes, Egyptian figures. First we got marked with the Eye of Horus so that we would be safe when we entered the temple. All the clues were interesting. A clue was hidden inside something hard like a rock that we had to use a hammer to open. The prized at the end of the hunt was given by a Pharaoh (who is also Soren's dad.)

We ate chips with hippo dip, fruit kabobs and spice cupcakes shaped like a pyramid. We drank blue Nile water. We got goody bags to put our treasures in that we found during the hunt.

Alaya was there who I knew already from the African American home school group. I met Annie, Joann and Joann's twin sister, Rebeca, at the party. They are home school kids, too.

At the end, when only Annie, Soren, and I were left, we put on a show for the grown-ups to see. Soren played the piano while Annie danced and I tap danced.

Every person got a thing from each prize box we found, and it was really fun. It is the best birthday party that I ever remember going to.

Robin even says we could probably arrange for me and Soren to get together every week!

No comments:

Post a Comment