Monday, January 2, 2012

Electric Circut




When I was making my circuit, at first it was hard because I did not read the directions. I was only looking at the picture. Then I looked at the direction and it was easier. On the next page showed the second drawing, figure two. It was the complete circuit. And I did it!

This is the third one I made. I did one in first grade and one in November at Math Counts, both are easier to make than this one was. This time, I read three books about electricity before I made the circuit, all by Darlene Stille. They are E
lectricity Bulbs, Batteries, and Sparks, Simply Science Electricity, and Science Around Us Electricity.

I learned:
1. There is electricity inside you.
2. Static electricity can make your hair frizz up.
3. Electricity is all around you.
4. Electricity is everywhere throughout the universe.
5. Cords with a third prong are for safety. The one of the top ones take the electricity to the object. The other brings electricity back to the outlet. The bottom takes any dangerous electricity down into the ground (and is called the ground.)
6. Electrons have a negative charge.
7. Electricity and water don't mix.
8. Copper is a conductor.
9. Lightening is made by static electricity.
10. Windmills make electricity.
11. TV is electric.
12. switches are made with electricity.
13. Ben Franklin almost died to prove something.
14. A balloon can stick to you by static electricity.
15. Power plants send electricity to homes.
16. Thomas Edison made the light bulb.
17. Computers use electric things called computer chips.
18. Cars have computer chips.
19. Fans have electric motors.
20. Blender, power saws, and other things also use electric motors.
21. Never have electric anything near water, unless it is you.
22. Alessandro Volta demonstrated the first battery.
23. Electronic signals in us tell our mucsles how to move.
24. Electric current flows like water in a stream.
25. Batteries are made of something called electrolyte.
26. Never touch the glowing metal wires in an electric heater.
27. Computers have electric circuits.
28. Rubber is an insulator.
29. Computer chips are made from silicon.
30. An electric eel makes its own electricity.


No comments:

Post a Comment