Monday, January 9, 2012

Futsal


Last week, I played soccer for the first time in about two years. It was Futsal. For Futsal you have different shoes, and you play with a smaller ball, and you play on a hard wood floor.

There were four teams. The Orange Team, the Green Team, the Red Team, and us, the Blue Team. The Green, Red and my team all had three players to start with, and the Orange had two.

We had a little tournament. There were two division. Don't ask me what the quotient and remainder are. There were two championships. The winners where the Red and Green Teams. After that we played a shooting game, shooting at and defending two goals. But right before that we combined into just two teams and did a passing drill. My team never passed to me but I must have done something well because the coach , me and someone else got to demonstrate the correct way to do the passing drill.

Then we split back in to the original four teams and had a scrimmage. I have a story about it. One of the kids on my team lost his shoe in the game. He didn't call time out, so I did. He sat down to put his shoe on, sitting so that he blocked the ball. One of the other team tried to get the ball. The one on my team who lost his shoe, kicked the ball across the court. The Red Team member got the ball and came back. My team member KICKED the Red Team member! Two other kids said something about unnecessary roughness. Our team lost so we went to the other court to play the losing team there.

The person with the shoe problem's mother came out on the floor. He just turned his back on her. He threw off his penny and moped in a corner. We, with only two players left, played against Orange. Remember, Orange had two players but the coach was playing on their team. I stole the ball from the coach two time and shot it into the goal two times. Then, I made a long shot. It went in! When the coach blew his whistle, the score was 3-0, Blue in the lead. Three points were made by me.

When it was time to go home, we, Robin and I, helped the coach pack his stuff and take it to the car.

I am kind of glad that guy lost control. It made me know that it is possible to play 3 v 2.

THE END


No comments:

Post a Comment