Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Boston Childrens' Museum

Museum hand out photo

Yesterday, Robin and I took the train into Boston. The train ride was about an hour long. We ate lunch in Boston at South Station with Roxana. Each of us went to different lunch stand. There were Cosi, a place called Master Wok, and of course, McDonalds. Then, we walked to The Boston Childrens' Museum, which was across the street from Roxana's office.


There were fake shops and a fake car (2D) that you could drive down a fake road and hear about Boston's Black History. The first Africans arrived in Boston in February of 1638, eight years after the city was founded.These are the stops that the little car made:


1. Robert Gould Shaw and 54th Regiment Memorial


2. George Middleton House


3. The Phillips School


4. John J. Smith House


5. Charles Street Meeting House


6. Lewis and Harriet Hayden House


7. John Coburn House


8. Abiel Smith School


9. The African Meeting House




Museum hand out photo


Another exhibit I liked was a maze. It went upwards, all the way to the ceiling, three stories high! The first time, I couldn't go all the way up, because there wasn't anyone with me, and I'm still afraid of heights. The second time, when we were leaving, I made all the way to the top, with some help from some other kids.

I also played with some magnets. I had one chasing the other. I also played with some bubbles. There was a thing you could stand inside and make a bubble around yourself!

Photo by The Kidlet

I also made paper beads. I did them before, but it was some time ago. Robin also made some beads, and I put all the beads on the necklace. Robin isn't into fancy things, (even paper things) so I wore it until we got home.

After we were done in the Children's Museum and walked back to the train station, it was downpouring.


It was an OK day.


P.S. I wonder what they'll have on Halloween!!!?

6 comments:

Crystal (Thompson) Barrera said...

That maze looks super cool. Do they allow adults in it, or will I have to pretend to be a kid?

The Kidlet said...

I don't know if they let adults in it, but it was pretty hard fit for me to get into the maze, because I was so tall, and your even taller so I doubt you could fit if you wanted to.

Robin Sallie said...

Watching the Kidlet search the web for additional information and then figure out how to make links on her blog to it was pretty cool. Once she got a system going she did very well at it.

She got a kick out of shopping the web for hand out photos.

Taking the photo of the beads was hard for her because she does not believe in the need to stand still while shooting a photo and had to take about 30 to get just one that was usable.

She was frustrated by the need to edit, re-write and reorder her blog post but did not give up on it.

She never bothers to do that when she writes fiction and therefor likes to write fiction and poetry much more than she likes doing research or reporting on an activity.

Crystal (Thompson) Barrera said...

What if I crouched down? Crawled? Wriggled on my belly like a worm? Cut my legs off at my knees? Would I fit then? Please, please, please?

The Kidlet said...

Maybe, but Crystal, I think you would be too injured to go in.

Crystal (Thompson) Barrera said...

Oh. You are so practical.

Post a Comment