Monday, October 3, 2011


"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your
one wild and precious life?"
~ Mary Oliver

14 comments:

Holly said...

Love the quote!

Good Dog Spot said...

And I love the photo!

Robin Sallie said...

You are such a brave person, Kidlet to get up on that horse. Nice!

(Did you notice that I did not?)

Lynnda L in Mpls said...

Thanks for the invite to read your blog.
How did you like your interactions with the horse or horses? As prey animals, horses have a very different approach to the world than dogs and humans. I like horses. If I had had *a lot* more money years ago, I would have gotten into horse sports instead of dog sports. [I got into dog sports when my daughter & I got a Dalmatian. Unlike our 12 pound dog, we took the Dalmatain to dog training class.]

Crystal (Thompson) Barrera said...

Did you enjoy riding the horse? You look a little uncertain in the picture.

tamara said...

We never talked about riding the horse! You will have to tell me about it next time I see you. Did you choose the quote? Mary Oliver is one of my favorite poets, I have a poem that she wrote up on my refrigerator door.

Robin Sallie said...

I picked the quote. I have to introduce the Kidlet to quotes. Mary Oliver is my new favorite poet!

Holly said...

Kidlet did outstanding with her riding! She was listening to me in this photo, I had stepped a bit further away. She wasn't afraid to go outside, and she followed directions very well.

The Kidlet said...

Yeah,Robby,i noticed that. i was thinking that you,being a grown-up,were too heavy to get on a horse.

The Kidlet said...

Lyynda,I like dogs a lot more than I like horses. But horses are okay.

The Kidlet said...

You know Crystal,I was a little nervous once I got on. But after I got over it, I was fine.

Crystal (Thompson) Barrera said...

I'm not surprised- you're very brave. I started riding horses when I was around your age. It's very fun, but being a little nervous is understandable. They're so BIG!

Anonymous said...

Your own blog...now that is cool! I have been loving reading the poetry you've been sending me; you've become quite good at acrostics. I happen to know you write great limericks...how about it? Here's a start -

There once was a girl on a horse
She was a bit nervous, of course
The horse ran like wild
And frightened the child
And now he's just full of remorse!

Write on girl!!!!

The Kidlet said...

That's a good poem, Ms. Scholl!

Post a Comment